- Mrs Marcos is totally committed to protecting your privacy and the security of any information given to us in the process of supplying your order. Our staff have all bought goods on the Internet previously and like you fully appreciate the importance of Privacy on the Internet.
Our Data Protection Policy has 3 key elements:
- We will not hold personal details about you unless you have given your express consent for us to do so. By sending an order to us you consent to the use of such personal information as this will be required to service your order.
- We guarantee we will not sell or trade your personal information including but not restricted to your name, address, email address, and credit card information to any third parties without your express permission. However we do reserve the right to use your Email address to provide you with information on products, services and promotional offers from Society Footwear Ltd (the company that runs Mrs Marcos) unless you have opted out of receiving marketing communications. This can be done by utilising the unsubscribe link on our marketing Emails or on your account. Please note that purely for the purpose of fulfilling your order your information may also be provided to third party service providers such as a parcel company. Whilst it is unlikely we may also be forced to disclose your personal data to comply with any legal obligation or if Mrs Marcos is ever sold.
- On your written request providing you give us reasonable proof of identity we will supply details of any personal information that we hold about you . For this we charge a fee of £10 as allowed for under the Data Protection Act 1998 and undertake to supply the requested information within a month from the receipt of your request.
- Transaction Security – The security of your transaction is vital to us and we aim to eliminate the opportunity for any fraud within the payment process. We will do this by using a secure server to encrypt the payment data you give us before it is sent to a payment processor so that it is extremely unlikely unauthorised individuals can access the data.
- Account security – Mrs Marcos expects you to use the site for lawful purposes only. When you become a member you recognise that you are responsible for all access made to our site using your log in details. Therefore it is important you ensure that all information about your account is kept safe and confidential. Mrs Marcos cannot accept any responsibility for any loss or damage as a result of you not keeping all such information confidential.
- Cookies – These are small pieces of information that are sent from your browser to our web server to facilitate your purchase. You will need to ensure your cookies are enabled to allow you to purchase from our site. We do not store any personal information in the cookies but they are designed to collect information of an anonymous nature so that we can monitor activity on the site and provide a better service to you.
- Intellectual Property Rights – Society Footwear Ltd owns or licenses all designs, images, photographs, written and other text, software and underlying source code that are a part of the site. Any use of the website , including copying or storing any part of it other than for your own personal and lawful and non commercial use is prohibited without our express consent.
- Damage To Your Computer – Whilst we take all reasonable measures to keep our site free of technical errors and viruses that may harm your computer or any other technology we cannot guarantee this and will not be liable for any damage arising from use of the site. By using the website you assume complete responsibility for any subsequent costs associated with servicing or repairing your equipment , albeit this statement does not affect your statutory rights as a customer in any way.
- Limitation Of Liability – Mrs Marcos’ total liability for any claim however arising shall not exceed the price paid for products supplied by us to the customer, together with any postal costs involved.
- Messages Disclaimer – You must not submit any messages to the site that are likely to cause offence embarrassment , damage or inconvenience either to Mrs.Marcos ,or our customers, or are in any way objectionable or illegal. Obscene, racist or defamatory remarks will not be tolerated and we retain the right to reject any orders you may place and remove any such remarks placed by you.
- Indemnity – Important please read carefully before you commit to an order. You agree that you will be liable for and agree to indemnify Mrs Marcos in respect of any and all losses ,liabilities, costs and claims (including legal fees) incurred by us , our agents, customers or employees arising as a result of a breach by you of this Agreement.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction\Entire Agreement
- These terms and conditions form the basis of our agreement that shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. By entering into the Agreement you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. You are also responsible for compliance with any applicable laws of the country from which you access the Mrs Marcos website. The above Terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement of the parties and supersede any and all previous agreements between you and Mrs Marcos (Society Footwear Ltd). Any waiver of any provision in the Agreement will only be effective if it is held in writing and signed by a Director of Society Footwear Ltd.